My name is Dave, and I'm a church-a-holic.
What does that mean? That means that I grew up around, in, and saturated with organized church culture. My family tree is full of preachers, deacons, elders, missionaries, and Sunday School teachers (don't worry, there are some 'black sheep in there too!). I grew up seeing first-hand how opinionated, self-centered and near-sighted "church" people can be. Yet I still love the Church! Why? Because I refuse to see Her as culture defines Her, but as God intended Her to be; His spotless bride!
As a minister I have experienced the best of what Christianity can offer and the worst that 'churchianity' can spew forth. I don't always have the answers. To be honest, most of the time I am probably just as dumbfounded, bewildered, and confused by this journey we call life as many of you are. Living out the Gospel is an adventure, and I hope you enjoy the ride!
Some Random Facts About Me
- I am a huge Yankees fan. All other teams pale in comparison.
- Nebraska Football is the closest thing to an idol in my life. I bleed red, and I can prove it!
- I love to cook. I figure, if I like to eat, I need to know how to cook.
- Art is God's gift to me. Painting, drawing, photography; I am humbled each time I try to mimic God's creation with my less than adequate hands.
- My idea of relaxation? A good book, a comfy chair and a good cup of coffee.
- The best for last: I am happily married to a beautiful woman who has blessed me with four daughters who all look like her!