Thursday, January 13, 2011

Book List

I get asked all the time about what I'm reading and what I've read lately that's helping me to develop my ministry and myself. Obvious answer #1 is: (drum-roll please) THE BIBLE! But I believe God has gifted many people with the gift of writing to edify and encourage others, so I decided to compile a list of books that I have read in 2010 that I found helpful. These aren't all the books I read last year, they are just the ones that I found beneficial in some way. And they are in no particular order. So without any further ado:

The Simple Life by Thom and Art Rainer, B & H Publishing
Think by John Piper, Crossway Books
Respectable Sins by Jerry Bridges, NavPress
The Faith Once for All by Jack Cottrell, College Press
Transforming Church in Rural America by Shannon O'Dell, New Leaf Press
You Are God's Plan A by Dwight Robertson, David C. Cook Publishing
Desiring God by John Piper, Multnomah Books
Renovation of the Heart by Dallas Willard, NavPress
The Christian Atheist by Craig Groeschel, Zondervan Publishing
Outlive Your Life by Max Lucado, Thomas Nelson Publishers
The Hole in Our Gospel by Richard Stearns, Thomas Nelson Publishers
Wild Goose Chase by Mark Batterson, Multnomah Books
Radical by David Platt, Multnomah Books
Starving Jesus by Craig Gross and J. R. Mahon, David C. Cook Publishing
Just Walk Across the Room by Bill Hybells, Zondervan Publishing
Living With Confidence in a Chaotic World by David Jeremiah, Thomas Nelson Publishing
Everyone Communicates, Few Connect by John Maxwell, Thomas Nelson Publishing
Why Men Hate Going to Church by David Murrow, Thomas Nelson Publishing

The following are books that I strive to read every year because of the great message within them:

Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire by Jim Cymbala, Zondervan Publishing
The Cost of Discipleship, by Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Simon and Schuster
Mere Christianity, by C.S. Lewis, Simon and Schuster
Celebration of Discipline by Richard Foster, HarperCollins Publishers

Hope this helps. Feel free to comment and tell me what you are reading to help you grow in your walk with Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment